- Philip Falcone
- Philip Falcone: Harbinger Capital Partners
- Philip Falcone: More Info
Philip Falcone founded Harbinger Capital Partners in 2001. It is a private investment company specializing in event and distressed strategies. Falcone, in the role of Chief Investment Officer, seeks to invest in alpha-generating ideas that are not correlated to investment cycles.
Harbinger invests in opportunities that typically fall into the following four categories:
- Event – investments in companies where there is a significant opportunity to actively engage with a company in order to unlock value;
- Distressed and Bankruptcy – invests in companies that are already in default, in bankruptcy, or in some other stage of financial distress or failure;
- Value – passive investments in securities where there is a positive catalyst for value realization already present
- Corporate Shorts – passive investments where the security is overvalued or where fundamental trends or identifiable negative catalysts are apparent.
Philip Falcone leads Harbinger’s investment department, using his extensive experience in distressed debt, leveraged finance, and special situations across a broad array of market cycles.
Although Harbinger has expanded substantially, the underlying work ethic and determination to succeed, the principles on which the company was founded continue to guide Harbinger Capital Partners today.