There are plans to cut taxes for American corporations, slashing the present 35 percent theoretical rate companies are supposed to be. But there is a long road between “should pay” and “do pay.” The following is a list of the more relevant “effective US tax rate” paid by 11 companies that pay the least corporate taxes.
1. Baxter International is a health care company which pays an effective rate of only 2%.
2. Prologis is a REITs company (financial sector) which pays an effective tax rate of 2.3%
3. Pioneer Natural Resources is an energy company with an effective tax rate of 2.3%.
4. Digital Reality Trust- a REITs which pays 2.4% effective corporate tax.
5. Electronic Arts is a technology company paying 2.9% effective tax.
6. Becton, Dickinson is a health care company which pays an effective tax rate of 3.3%
7. Host Hotels and Resorts is a REITs with an effective tax rate of 3.3%.
8. Extra Space Storage pays 3.7% effective tax rate, and is in the REITs sector
9. Micron Technology is a technology company paying 3.7% effective tax rate.
10. Markit is in the industrial sector paying 4.4% effective tax.
11. XL Group is in the financial sector and pays a 4.8% effective tax rate.